Search This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Zyrtec almost free (5.4 cents per pill)

I took advantage of the $5 off Zyrtec coupon from WalMart's web site. Their price guarantee is real! I went to the WalMart near my job and noticed the 5 cnt, Zyrtec was $5.27, but the store shelves were empty, so I went to the WalMart near my house. The same Zyrtec was $5.97! At first, I though, heck, I'll still get the Zyrtec for .97 after my coupon. But then, "The Millionaire Next Door" book thoughts popped in my head and I decided to get my discount.

When I got to the register, I told the cashier that the WalMart down the street had the Zyrtec for $5.27. She simply scanned the item, overrode the price and let me have them for $5.27 with "NO QUESTIONS ASKED!" Just like the commercials say.

I purchased 2 Zyrtecs at $5.27 each, used 2 $5 off coupons. Total cost: .54 and then ended up paying $.95 in taxes! That's effectively over 100% in sales taxes! I'll be willing to bet you a dime to a donut that at 5.4 cents a pill, the company is still making a hefty profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment